Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School in Style

Everyone knows that first impressions are very important....but what about when someone is making the transition from high school (those awkward "find yourself" years) to college.

I think of college as a fresh start.  It's a great way to reinvent yourself and meet an entirely new group of people.  Freshman year is still an impressionable one as everything is new and exciting. 

TAKE ADVANTAGE of having those easy intro/101 classes...you'll be living in the dorms for at least your first year, so it's a good time to concentrate on a great living space. A great space equals a great place to study.  

The first thing I focused on was a new beauty regime.  My class schedule had me waking up early in the morning and I was not fortunate to have an attached bathroom.

WHAT TO DO WITHOUT A BATHROOM...my dorm space was small so my desk had to play double duty.  My huge recommendation is to request a loft bed and have the desk underneath it.  Huge space saver and allows for more furniture.  Hang a mirror from the loft rafters and your desk becomes a vanity space.

Since my classes were always back to back, I literally had no time to regroup.  I always had a mini-arsenal of beauty go-to's in my backpack or purse.  A quick trip to the bathroom turned into a mini-makeover session.

Here are the essentials for a student on the go:

Chapstick...no explanation necessary!





Light shimmer palette...quick application on the lids and doubles as a highlighter.


Cheek stain...I always go for a chubby stick so it's quicker to apply and doesn't require precision.


BB/CC Cream...this was NOT a thing when I went to school so I was using tinted moisturizer.
My books always crushed my brush sets, so I made sure that any makeup that I brought could be applied with my fingers. 


Luckily, my finishing powder had brush included inside...how convenient!

What are your beauty go-to's for the college gal on the go?

Stay beautiful ~BBB


No comments:

Post a Comment